Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics and NBA!

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Celtics trade idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Falcon63
Admin

PostSubject: Celtics trade idea   Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:58 pm

Got this idea from another Celtics site that recently went inactive. Thoughts?

Boston Receives:

Corey Maggette
Anthony Randolph

Golden St. Receives:

Glen Davis
Brian Scalabrine
Tony Allen
Bill Walker
JR Giddens

Maggette
He has a contract that no team wants to touch and which Golden State desperately wants to get rid of. The Celtics would be absorbing his contract, but would be acquiring a player that could fill several needs. The Celtics have a lot of shooters, but don't have too many players that take it to the basket and draw fouls consistently. This problem becomes even more apparent when our second unit is in the game. Marquis Daniels, a slasher himself, is limited in that ability because he has to handle the ball with our reserves and set up offense while Rondo is out. Maggette could take that slasher role and it would allow Daniels and House to continue in their current roles. This also allows us the opportunity to rest Pierce and Allen more during the regular season as the need to keep a scorer in the game with the second team would not be as needed. House would probably see his minutes suffer the most.

Randolph This is the main reason we do this trade and he finds himself deep inside Nelson's doghouse. He's had flashes, but isn't ready to play major minutes on a title contending team like ours. However, his potential is unlimited and he would be allowed to be groomed for a key role in a season or two, especially working daily with Clifford Ray. It provides us with a nice piece, to add to Rondo and Perk, for the future of our team. As for the present, he gives us the athleticism we lack along the frontline and would get minutes against those teams that have either an athletic or a perimeter oriented PF's. For example, last night, against the Spurs, Scalabrine received 12 minutes so he can matchup with Bonner on the perimeter. Williams did not enter the game. Again, it provides Doc with more versatility.

Davis
It was rumored that the Warriors coveted him during the off-season and are still actively seeking big men. Adam Wojnarowski, via his twitter, states the following: "Golden St.'s front office still scouring landscape for bigs, league execs say, but struggling to find do-able deals". He has a modest contract and is a player that could flourish playing in Nelson's wide open offense. Williams' emergence makes him expendable and I would not entertain the deal if that were not the case. Davis irked Celtics management, especially Wyc, with his off-season incident.

Scalabrine, T. Allen, Walker, & Giddens
I group these players together because all of their contracts are expiring and the goal of the Warriors is to get rid of Maggette's contract. Scalabrine would be a likely buyout candidate, which would clear the way to his return to Boston and allows the Warriors to save money this season. Walker and Giddens are young players who could catch Nelson's eye and certainly have the athleticism to thrive in the Warriors' offense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://celticsinsider.webs.com
Allnotorious
Waterboy

PostSubject: Re: Celtics trade idea   Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 pm

i stopped reading when you got rid of Tony Allen.
i wouldnt care about getting rid of the rest but i don't really like what we get back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falcon63
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Celtics trade idea   Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:49 pm

I personally want to do that Monta Ellis trade for Ray Allen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://celticsinsider.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celtics trade idea   

Back to top Go down

Celtics trade idea
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1